Building your dream home is exciting. If you’ve never built a home before you’ve probably got questions and are wondering what to expect. Often people come to us asking if we can build on a lot they already own. Our answer is YES with our Build Anywhere program.
We will help you with everything from lot evaluation, site engineering, home design, budgeting, permitting, and all construction management from start to finish.
What to expect when building a new home
- Where to Build? Most people come to us with a lot they own or are interested in acquiring. During this first phase, we will evaluate the building potential and permit needs for the lot. We will consult with you, the engineer, and others to make sure the site is compatible with the dream home you wish to build.
- The Design Process. Now comes the fun part. Your dream home comes to life when you sit down with our CAD designer to personalize one of our plans to make it yours. Thinking of adding in some custom shelving? A playroom? Built-in cubbies? A larger garage? We’ll make sure your new home fits your family perfectly and you can rest easy knowing our value-engineered plans will save you money.
- Crunch the Numbers. Once we’ve finalized the plan, it’s time to pull out the calculator. We’ll provide pricing for the lot preparations, permits, utilities, construction, and landscaping. The budget will include Allowances so that you can pick many of the elements in your new home such as appliances, countertops, cabinets, flooring, and tile.
- Administrative Phase. We’ll complete the legal documents and work with your bank on getting the first draw, which will secure permits and start construction. At this time, you will make your material selections with our suppliers.
- Construction Begins. Once we secure permits, construction begins! The construction process typically takes between 9-12 months. Throughout the build, we will meet with you on-site to confirm various details, giving you peace of mind.
- Move-In Day. After the final walk-through has been conducted and the paperwork has been signed, it’s time to move in! We will obtain your Use & Occupancy permit and you can begin enjoying your new home.
- Finishing Touches. In order to ensure we’ve dotted all our i’s and crossed our t’s, we’ll put together a list of any small details that need to be completed. We’ll set up convenient times to put these finishing touches in place.
- One Year Anniversary. After the first year of living in your new home, we’ll perform a walk-through with you to make sure everything is working properly and send in our drywall crew to do a point-up of any imperfections to keep your house looking its best.
If you’re ready to explore our Build Anywhere program, let’s chat!
1 Step 1